A week of “Bs” Wednesday is not easy. It’s a process that needs to be a discipline in your life ASAP. Week of Bs Wednesday: Be Aware. Sounds so simple, doesn’t it? It’s not. We live in a world where a lot of people are addicted to tech and the apps that support them. These devices…if fully implemented in your life can lead to distraction and addiction:
- Accidents/distracted driving from people texting, eating, fiddling with belongings, etc. etc. while driving cars or operating any sort of machinery.
- IMMEDIATE need to know who is calling/texting/emailing. This ruins focus. Whether at work, on a date or relaxing on a day off.
- Walking into the street rapt in whatever is up with the cell phone. Not looking to see if there is ongoing traffic or other pedestrians.
- Spending hours playing games on a computer, tweeting, Facebook and Instagram updating.
- Believing everything you see and read on the Internet without finding out if it’s true or not. Especially something that says “New research,” Experts say,” “According to XYZ.” Here’s a biggie: “Un-named sources.”
I could go on and on but you know where I’m going. New tech is great. It helps our productivity, connects us to the world, gives us information on any little thing that we desire. We can even have books downloaded to us in an instant. The irony is…because we are so dependent on these devices, we miss the world…the REAL world right in front of us. And because of all the information thrown at us we sometimes don’t have the time to educate ourselves to see if said “info” is really true. (Bonus B: Be Skeptical) There is so much to do, so much we want to do that we rush from one thing to another. One commitment to another. One job to another. Errand here, errand there. By the time we have done all that we have to do we are exhausted and must sleep. Because of this, our “self-care” suffers. That Bitch voice deep within us gets crowded out with all the things that can distract us.
Bitch voice = our truth. And she must have attention. Every day. Awareness comes from attention. Whatever you give attention to expands. If we give most of our attention to a tech device…think of all we are missing! There is a new DirectTV commercial. It’s supposed to be humorous because of our obsession with our phones. To me it’s just sad. Instead of enjoying amazing places (where some of these people are) they are watching their phones:
Don’t let this happen to you! LOL… What are quickie benefits to Be Aware?
- You’re less likely to fall off a cliff. You’re more likely to enjoy the gorgeous view, the wind on your face, the accomplishment you have just achieved.
- When you devote all your attention to a person you are with? That sort of attention is infectious.
- You will not be the person standing in the way or invading personal space.
- Food, music, sounds, sight become more beautiful and intense.
- That unease you feel in your body makes you act. Example from my life: A few days ago I had to cancel a meeting. The meeting is normally held in a safe place. Once a year they have a carnival where we meet and it was going to happen during our meeting. The first time I saw the carnival it made me very uneasy. I trusted that awareness this time and canceled the meeting. There was not one but two shootings at that carnival on the day I cancelled. Exactly where we meet!
So unplug purposefully. This is so important to you reaching full bad ass Bitch mode that I want you to put this right under your “Be Pleasured” and do it every day. Want to make kick-*** decisions? Be aware through self-care so you can trust yourself. Love, Goddess
© S Stevens Life Strategies