No expectations and being cool with that. Getting to this point is a huge change in mind set. Following are ways to get you there. And get you back when you go off track.
A. Big job interview, speech or meeting:
1. Take some extra time for you before the event. Be over prepared. Know exactly what you want going in.
2. If you don’t get what you want, don’t lament. Sit back, breathe and say to yourself: Is this what I really wanted? Is there anything I could have done better? Or if it turned out really bad remember this: What is the opportunity in this that I’m not seeing? This kind of thinking makes you pro-active instead of sucking you into the “woe is me.”
3. Being pro-active in the above example A is not working. Do something physical. It will help you clear your mind. This is why I’m such a fan of kick boxing. It gets rid of that edgy energy that keeps you in “woe is me” mode and gets you back into hot pro-active mode.
4. Cut yourself some slack. This will be unbelievably tough for us women. Do whatever it takes FOR YOU to do this. If kick boxing doesn’t work, try a hot shower, sex, a massage, taking the time to glam it up. Key: make this fun and not a chore to take care of you.
B. You meet a fantastic guy. Gorgeous brain, body and he smells amazing. You start thinking instead of enjoying him. Thoughts like this creep into your brain: I want him for my boyfriend! I want to live together! Our wedding will be soooo romantic! Our children will rock the world! STOP.
1. Enjoy the moments with him. No anticipation or expectations. When you fall into thoughts of “the future,” go forward and stay true to you by focusing on the right now: I love how he opens doors for me. He has a really sexy smile. Nice kisser. Mmmm….kissing him tonight would be fun. Oh, that’s right. I have kick boxing tonight. (enjoy the thought of the next kiss. Period)
2. When the relationship gets more involved, stay glued to your passions. Remember to ask yourself if this is a man that you can depend on. Do you want a man who does what you ask him to do? Or one that agrees to do something for you and then doesn’t do it? You call, text, email to remind him and he doesn’t follow through. Or worse, he gives you a hard time about it. This is classic deflection, ladies, Bitches. Don’t play this game. You’re working too hard for this guy. Stop. This is a simple concept that will save you so much drama. Simple concept that is a challenge to overcome.
But you’re so up to that hot little challenge, aren’t you? Love, Goddess
© S Stevens Life Strategies