“She took possession of a man if she touched him with her fingers.” This, of course, would lead to rapture—the tips of her fingers—fully sensate and aware, taking you in and touching you as if her fingers had never touched before, so that you yourself begin to experience touch as something entirely new. From The Book of the Courtesans by Susan Griffin
Wow, huh? The Courtesan Alice Ozy sure knew how to touch. What passion! It made me start thinking about passion in my life. I have many different passions. Sometimes, though, these passions take up so much time that I don’t fully feel them. I’m too busy. So slowly, over time, I take less time to touch, taste, feel, hear. And my lively passion seems to dim a bit.
Then I read that small passage about the power of touch. The pleasure it can bring up and my passion reawakens. How the Courtesan took her passion-and the man through touch. She was relishing the moment and he was the lucky benefactor. So let’s relish a bit today…reawaken our precious passion!
- Slowly caress your skin. Notice how soft the skin is on front of your arms. Don’t be afraid to touch any part of your body. Enjoy the softness of your skin.
- When you brush your hair, slow way down. Notice the texture, the shine, how it moves and smells.
- The next time you are outside, pick a blade of grass. Swipe it slowly across your nose. Does it tickle? Brush it against your skin.
- The next time you pet an animal, really enjoy it. The softness, the difference between the fur on its back and tummy.
- You’ll need help with this one 🙂 Find the most ticklish spot on you and your mate. What are the tickles that make you giggle STOP!? The ones that make you go ooooohhhh….”
- Your clothes: What materials feel the best to you against your skin?
- Dine with your fingers.
- Take your shoes off and walk in the grass, the sand, the pavement.
- Skinny dip and notice how wonderful the water feels caressing your skin.
I think that’s a good way to end it! Please share your “Reawaken Passion” touch ideas here:
***Gorgeous manicure and pedicure from Lydian Flash, Master Nail Technician http://www.lydianflash.com/
© S Stevens Life Strategies