Warning: DOMDocument::loadXML(): Opening and ending tag mismatch: hr line 5 and body in Entity, line: 6 in /home/customer/www/bitchlifestyle.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-amazon-associate/APaPi/AmazonProduct/Result.php on line 149
Warning: DOMDocument::loadXML(): Opening and ending tag mismatch: body line 3 and html in Entity, line: 7 in /home/customer/www/bitchlifestyle.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-amazon-associate/APaPi/AmazonProduct/Result.php on line 149
Warning: DOMDocument::loadXML(): Premature end of data in tag html line 1 in Entity, line: 8 in /home/customer/www/bitchlifestyle.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-amazon-associate/APaPi/AmazonProduct/Result.php on line 149
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/customer/www/bitchlifestyle.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-amazon-associate/APaPi/AmazonProduct/Result.php on line 160
Adapting 101. How much can you handle being thrown at you and how hard can you rock it? I had the flu last week and was confined to my couch and TV. Lucky for me a movie favorite was on. “Seems Like Old Times,” starring Goldie Hawn and Chevy Chase. I just loved Goldie in this movie when I was a kid. As an adult woman I appreciated something that I hadn’t seen when I was a young girl.
How she charmingly, sweetly and cleanly handled all the crap that was thrown at her during this movie. The clip above pretty much shows it all. Even in the one point in the movie where Goldie couldn’t take one more problem, one more curve ball, one more tiny bit of stress and she had an anxiety attack? She was able to tell her husband exactly what she needed without screaming at him or taking her frustration out on him. Without being awful and mean.
Can you do that? You can if you had what Goldie’s character has in this film:
- Her ability to communicate is outstanding. Her training as a lawyer has given her this skill.
- Even when she is less than put together, her confidence and sense of humor shine making her quite irresistible.
- Her trust and love in people make them respect her. She sees the good in everyone. She does not assume or judge.
Goldies’ character took action instead of letting her Drama Queen suck her under. Goldie is all feminine Sassy Bitch! Yeah…the movie is real old…but just think of how much you could stand out today? Among the crowds of over-reacting people if you channeled this in yourself? Ready to take a couple steps into channeling this sweet, charming and oh so feminine part of yourself? Start with a crash course in communicating:
- Rent the movie “Seems Like Old Times,” and notice how Goldie communicates. What do you notice? What intrigues you and what do you wish YOU could do?
- Study people communicating around you. Who reacts and who handles different people with aplomb?
- Watch the TV Show Shark Tank. Notice who communicates well with the Sharks and who is a disaster.
- Take care of yourself every single day. If you are run down and emotionally exhausted, communicating effectively is so much harder. Give yourself this break and notice how it helps you over the next few weeks and months.
Want more? Read the suggested articles below. Enjoy and play with what you are learning. Practice becoming the best communicator ever! Love, Goddess
- Empowered Women Don’t Tolerate BS
- This Week at Bitch University: Strong Sassy Women
- Confidence: Signs You’re a Sassy Bitch
© S Stevens Life Strategies