Today at Bitch University we are keeping your homework simple. I’ve made a list of women for you to study, learn from and admire. Note what you like about each womans’ style. Maybe…somewhere deep inside you…it’s a link to your inner Sassy Bitch.
A. Catherine the Great: Empress of Russia (June 28, 1762 – November 17, 1796). From Alexanders Time Machine:
“Catherine’s achievements were many. She left Russia much stronger, more prosperous and beautiful than she had found it. That she failed in much she had set out to do had less to do with her and more to do with human nature. Catherine was unable to transform Russia through her will alone. Since she was unwilling to use terror or force to transform society, she chose a more patient path, hoping to gradually raise the level of culture by legislation, education, and example.”
What we can learn from Catherine:
- She kept her voracious appetites throughout her life.
- Excellent advice: “I like to praise and reward in a loud voice and to scold in a whisper.”
- A charming conversationalist, writers Diderot and Voltaire jealously vied for the pleasure of her company.
- Don’t believe the nonsense about her death and the horse.
B. Coco Chanel: Fashionista (1883-1971) This is powerful:
“It’s an unseen, unforgettable, ultimate fashion accessory. It heralds your arrival and prolongs your departure.” Coco Chanel
It’s not the dress, the make-up, the bag the shoes. It’s your scent. Study Coco, explore the world of fragrance and find your signature scent.
Image of Coco Chanel from Destination Perfected
C. Greta Garbo: Swedish actress (1905-1990) Greta Garbo Official website What we can learn from Ms. Garbo:
- Keep a little mystery. Social networks like Facebook and Twitter allow you to post things about everything you are doing every minute of the day. I think the last thing I posted was over a week ago on my personal Facebook page. I’m too busy! And really, I like to keep my private life…unless it helps you on Bitch Lifestyle. I share with those that I’m truly close to. Keep a little mystery. It will be that much more powerful in our “overly open” society. Just because someone asks you something about yourself doesn’t mean you have to tell them. Especially if it is personal information!
- Garbo had lots of eccentricities. She had layer upon layer which only added to her mystery.
- Garbo expressed her “kooky self” with no apologies. She would leave a person alone mid-conversation. When asked if she was available for dinner she would respond “How do I know that I’ll be hungry that day?”
Share an inspirational woman with us on Bitch Lifestyle Facebook. Who rocks your world and why?
Enjoy your assignments! Love, Goddess
Private Coaching available. Get and keep your Sassy Bitch. For more information click: Private Coaching
© S Stevens Life Strategies
Picture of Coco Chanel from the website Style Check up
Picture of Greta Garbo from the web site Flickriver