Dealing with bullies: women who bash other women. Portrayed in the Mean Girls movie by Lindsay Lohan, Rachel McAdams and Amanda Seyfried, these Drama Queens have no place in our lives. She will create havoc and pain in the lives of the women around her. She is extraordinarily unhappy and filled with rage. Dealing with bullies literally sucks the life out of you! She goes against so many of the Bitch Rules: Bitch Rules The two most important being:
- Bitch Rule #2: We will not compete with other women. This forum is a place where we can support, cheer, and turn each other on with our individual sense of fun, play and laughter.
- Bitch Rule #5: We love our girlfriends and stay faithful always! We do not break dates with them when our new guys call us last minute. Or change plans with them if he wants to do something. Our time with our girlfriends is sacred. We keep that time when we start seeing a new man, have a boyfriend or get married. Yay girlfriends!
Like attracts like, right? If you choose the Drama Queens in this world, what is it about them that you are choosing? In my past I chose Drama Queens because they always needed me. When they didn’t need me, it was usually because they had a new guy. I’d been dumped by them. When they got dumped, they would come running back into my life. I let them come back because I lacked confidence. I lacked the confidence to tell them to “go pound sand.” All gloriously pitiful, right? I can laugh at this now and I would love it if you could laugh at it with me. Because I think most women have been there. In this day and age the “Drama Queen” epidemic seems to be rampant. Glamorized. Big business. Hello any of the “Real Wives of XYZ,” on Bravo.
When you say “no” to her, you open up your world to the really good women out there who will have your back. Ones that you may not have seen, were close to but still kept at arm’s length, or lacked the confidence to truly embrace. To truly embrace means to truly love, doesn’t it? And to truly love you have to know that you truly deserve it. Love. And we all do, it’s just sometimes life gets in the way and we don’t do what we have to do to take care of ourselves and stay grounded in our wants, desires, dreams, goals, fun and play! So here is your Bitch University refresher course to get and keep you on the path of confident, good for you choices.
- After re-reading The Bitch Rules: Put the rules in a journal or notebook. What areas do you need to work on? Your sensuality? Your appreciation of all you have? Get to it. Pronto.
- Are you pissed off? Edgy? Constantly question every little thing you do? You’re probably in your Drama Queen. Start banishing her from your life: Stop Being So Hard on Yourself Lather, rinse, repeat until you have a grip. Yes…this may take a while. Commit to it and getting control over your Drama Queen.
- DO NOT feel bad about being in your Drama Queen. We all go there. Women are emotional creatures. It’s in our DNA. The problem is instead of making the choice to do something about it, we revel in it. Now it’s time to revel in YOU and do something good for you. Celebrate YOU. Here are some fun things to do for you: Harnessing Your Super Natural Force
Private Coaching available. For more information: Private Coaching
© S Stevens Life Strategies