It just sucks you in and you know it. After a few minutes you start getting edgy. You want to pick up the phone and get what you want! The next thing you know 30 minutes have gone by in your very busy life. You sigh, get up and keep going on. Until the next time you see it.
The Wen Hair Care commercial.
Sucks me in every time! One time a girlfriend, Suzana and I, were on a girls’ overnight and we stayed in the hotel room watching that darn commercial. Both of us mesmerized by the hair transformations. Both of us talking about how much we wanted to try it. Blissfully wishing for THAT kind of hair. So finally, as a Christmas present to myself, I bought the introductory kit. Here’s what I learned:
- I got the Almond Mint…which really does smell wonderful!
- I loved how the mint made my scalp tingle.
- I loved the extra pampering time it took. The directions wanted you to work the product into your hair throughout the shower.
- I thought the kit itself, for $29 + change was a good value. You get to try a lot of things (what girl doesn’t love that!) and the comb is cool.
- You have no idea how bummed I was when Wen didn’t work on my hair! For those of you who have seen my Facebook photo, you know I have A LOT of hair. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bitch-Lifestyle/205875411841 My hair was done by a stylist for that photo because my hair is THE definition of curly, frizzy, thick and unruly hair. I used Wen exactly as the directions said. For 2 weeks. I had to stop because my hair kept getting frizzier. Not good with my wild hair.
- You have to use a lot of product each time you use it. Even if you have short hair you have to separate your hair into 4 sections and then use 3-5 pumps of cleanser in each section.
- In order to get the starter kit, you have to sign up to be on their “membership renewal program.” Which means they have your credit card number and send you more every few months for a discounted price. In order to cancel, you have to call them. Which means you’re going to have to deal with the hard sell by an associate when you do. Unless of course, you’re a Sassy Bitch. 😉
You know what feels just like Wen, minus the tingle in drugstores? TRESemme’ conditioner. I use that all the time and love it. Now…and into the future I’m going to take the pampering aspect of Wen and use it when I’m conditioning my hair. Work the product into the hair and massage. So really, I got something cool when I ordered Wen. A new way to slow down and enjoy myself in the shower. Thank you, Wen! Love, Goddess
© S Stevens Life Strategies