The fabulous Lucille Ball from Love Those Classic Movies http://lovethoseclassicmovies.blogspot.com/2012/05/in-pictures-lucille-ball.html
Lucille Ball-Queen Bitch of Comedy and one of my favorite all time inspirations. She was a shy on the outside girl who on the inside “wanted to make some noise.” And did she ever.
1. Regarding “I Love Lucy,” Lucy and her husband knew exactly what they wanted and went for it, together. Lucy was offered the TV show by CBS. She agreed with the following conditions: That Desi would play her husband, they would film the show and took a pay cut to do so, and lastly that their movie studio, Desilu would retain all rights to the series. Her brilliant husband, Desi Arnaz, pioneered the 3 camera technique now standard on TV sitcoms.
2. She was the first woman to own her own movie studio.
3. TV Guide picked her as The Greatest Star of All Time.
4. Early in her modeling career she was stricken with rheumatoid arthritis and spent 2 years re-learning how to walk.
5. When she was nicknamed “Queen of Comedy,” she was steadfast in her belief that her idol and girlfriend, Carole Lombard deserved the honor. I would have loved to have had the pleasure of having a night out with these two!
6. Tutored in comedy by Buster Keaton-one of my favorites of all time! I’m a bit jealous about this fact. 🙂
7. Desi Arnaz on her extraordinary beauty: “That’s a hunk o’ woman.”
8. Girlfriend starred in over 72 films in her lifetime. And that’s just her film career. We aren’t talking about her modeling career, stage career, television career and running a production studio!
Some of my favorite quotes from Luscious Lucy:
I’m happy that I have brought laughter because I have been shown by many the value of it in so many lives, in so many ways.
I’m not funny. What I am is brave.
Once in his life, every man is entitled to fall madly in love with a gorgeous redhead.
A man who correctly guesses a woman’s age may be smart, but he’s not very bright.
In life, all good things come hard, but wisdom is the hardest to come by.
[About her meeting Desi Arnaz for the first time]: It wasn’t love at first sight. It took a full five minutes.
Sassy, successful, brilliant and beautiful. Lucille Ball is a true Bitch that I’ve always loved and looked up to. And she still makes people laugh to this day. I showed my two little nieces clips of I Love Lucy on YouTube. They loved her and laughed over her antics. They started performing I Love Lucy shows in their home. How cute. Thank you so much for the laughter and inspiration you’ve brought me Lucy. We will always love you! Love, Goddess
© S Stevens Life Strategies