Love it! Image from I Own This Shit on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/IOWNTHISSHIT
You are completely convinced that you are in your Drama Queen. You have zero patience for any crap and the critical voices are swirling around you. Just at the moment where you are believing the critical voices, brilliance happens. These happened to me yesterday. Are things like this happening to you?
- You are PMSing like there is no tomorrow. Any extra little curveball will throw you into a Bitchfest. Your patience was on its last nerve 8 nerves ago. Then this happens: The guy who you’ve given a boat load of truth to, the guy who, upon hearing boat load of truth listened quietly. Not saying a word. Honoring your words by not interrupting. He knows he royally screwed up. Flash forward two months later. He has produced beyond your wildest dreams for you. You are so grateful and you are rewarding him back. He has earned “fun, playful” you. And here you are on your last “8th” nerve. He is being playful with you. He’s also jarring your chips a bit because he loves sparring with you so much. Instead of playing back you want to drop him from something. Like his well toned butt. You look in his happy eyes and say to yourself no way. He has worked so hard. FOR YOU. Time to get rid of the anger, Bitch. You’ll be spending the day with him! And you get rid of the anger because you’ve researched how to get rid of it in an empowering way. Both of you win.
- You discover that you have to find parking in the middle of Cambridge Carnival International. Streets everywhere are blocked off. Thousands of people are wandering the streets. The carnival is in full glorious swing. The Drama Queen voice starts. “You will NEVER find parking. Ever, never. As in no way. Turn around. Go home.” The Bitch voice says. “Keep going.” You turn into one of the free on Sunday parking lots. Which of course is full. Full as in cars lined up and waiting. You pull in anyway. This of course, feeds your Drama Queen. “Are you crazy? You’re just going to get stuck behind a bunch of cars!” As you go by the first line of cars, in the rear view mirror, you see a van start backing up. You stop. You can’t move because two more cars have pulled in. Various unlady like words come out of your mouth. Then you see him through the rear view mirror. Your hero. He points to the van pulling out and makes eye contact with you. Yes! Then the van pulls out and he stands in the space so no one but YOU can snag it. You park, roll down the window and say “I love you.” He says, “I love you back.” Drama Queen fades.
- 45 minute walk to rehearsal location. More curveballs. But members of your group step up to help you. Noticing how much you do and volunteering the perfect solution. Having your back. Appreciating all you do. Yes!
- On the 45 minute walk back to the car, you are surrounded by Carnival goers. One starts screaming not very nice things about white people. You are the only “white people” around. You’re not mad, you’re not scared. You just feel sad that the person is so angry they scream it out to the streets. You know it’s nothing personal. They don’t know you and chances are they don’t even see you! Then you hear a man talking to the woman who yelled out the negative things about “white people.” He says calmly, “Why did you say something like that? We’re trying to change that here at the festival. We’re trying to show people that’s not who we are.” I blessed him for saying that and wished them both nothing but happiness, love and success.
- You are laughing and enjoying some time with a friend a few hours later. Not wanting the evening to end-almost on the verge of tears because you LOVE this person so much. A man stops while you are crossing the street and says to you: “You look really beautiful tonight.” At first you’re taken aback. Then he smiles and walks away. You say thank you and tell him to have a wonderful night. You watch him walk away and wish him every happiness.
Crazy times and blissful moments sometimes go hand in hand when you’re in your Sassy Bitch. Sometimes it’s hard to see all that is going on around you. And the Drama Queen in you is messing with your Sassy Mojo. If you are in your Sassy Bitch? Things go strangely slow. You may be incredibly busy, the fur is flying but everything just seems to fall into place. Be aware of all around you. Surrender to the crazy and things will usually turn out better than you could’ve imagined! Are you noticing the good, the bad and the ridiculous? Are you getting rid of your anger and frustration on a daily basis so you do? If you need help go here: http://bitchlifestyle.com/2012/09/emotional-rescue/ The bottom line is this: You know you are in you Sassy Bitch when there is crazy all around you and things fall in place in unexpected and fun ways. Surrender and enjoy the ride. Love, Goddess
© S Stevens Life Strategies