I love the movie “Ever After” starring Drew Barrymore. (Cinderella saves the Prince in this kick ass version of the fairy tale) Cinderella/Danielle lives each day fully engaged in life, even though she is a servant in her own home. She makes no excuses and meets each challenge straight on. No whining. She wants her fathers’ legacy-his home-to remain strong despite her selfish Stepmother. Her father encouraged her passion and she absolutely adored him.
During an encounter, Danielle and the Prince are discussing politics. Danielle is defending her opinion while challenging the Prince on his view on the matter. The Prince asks her, “How do you live everyday with such passion?” “Don’t you find it exhausting?” It takes the Prince days to catch up with her. He realizes he can sit back, relax, experience and learn from Danielle’s’ passion for life. A little taste there, a bigger bite the next day. All good. When he met Danielle he found what was missing in his proper, regal courtly existence. Passion for life.
Most people are probably like the Prince when they meet a person infused with the passion that Danielle has. It’s utterly charming, infectious and can be overwhelming. Like anything passion takes practice. Practice the art of passion. Here are some ideas for you (Feel free to sample or take on as many as you like!)
1. Admire yourself in the mirror. Smile seductively and really feel this phrase: “I am the hottest, sexiest woman in the world!” Be passionate about you.
2. Take a bath. Relax in the bubbles and engage all your senses. Use candles, incense, sip champagne or nibble on cheese. Breathe deeply into this “passionate” relaxation.
3. Play some music, turn down the lights, close your eyes and breathe deeply. Move your body or not. Just be in the moment.
4. Go outside and do something active for your body. Notice how your body moves and feels. How lucky you are to have such a magnificent Creation—-yourself.
5. Research this question: Which blanket would I most want to cuddle up in every night? Check out and enjoy different textures. If you are going to cuddle up in a blanket every night it should make you feel wonderful.
6. Try on a diamond at the jewelry store. Enjoy the colors, clarity the sparkle…and how it makes you feel.
© S Stevens Life Strategies