Anne Taintor image from Shop at Art Works http://www.shopatartworks.com/image/cache/data/products/5398_OpinionBeverageNapkin-500×500.jpg
Self esteem and keeping it high! Today at Bitch University we discuss serious Sass Zappers. Sass Zappers 101 features my top five worst. (With a fun bonus from Mr. Einstein above) I used to do these and now? No freakin’ way. I will not be sucked into the Sass Zapper muck. I vow to keep my self esteem hight! The muck threatens and test us almost daily. Oh yes it does. When we are tired, cranky or just haven’t gotten the attention we must have the muck can have its way with us. I can’t help it…the muck stops here! 😉 Let’s go over my top 5 Sass Zappers and the action a Sassy Bitch can take to stay out of the dirty, low self esteem slimy muck.
1. Putting your own needs on the back burner. And with each new task you take on without taking care of yourself, you push your needs further and further away. And you wonder why you get so pissy sometimes? Take care of you and things you want will be produced quicker and easier. You will have the energy, drive and restored passion to do so! Action: Long bath, early to bed with a pile of magazines, a weekend away, a massage, an afternoon with your favorite movie and lots of buttery popcorn.
2. Holding grudges. Oh … here we go. How much time have we wasted being pissed about something or someone we have absolutely no control over? It hurt so much that we just can’t let it go. So what do we do? We hold on to it so we can be hurt more, complain about it more and sniff…suffer more. Drama Queen loves to suffer. Action: Have a little “letting go” ritual. Take a whole day if you have to. Take a piece of paper and write down the grudge you are holding on to. Go for a long walk. Work out the edginess, anger and hurt. Then rip up the piece of paper and burn it up in an ash tray or flush it down the toilet. Take a deep breath and then do something that makes you feel really good. Then hold on to that feeling instead of the hurt and pain.
3. Buying happiness. We live in I want it and need it now world. Instant gratification. Instant debt. Action: Taking care of your future. Appreciating what you have! I can’t tell you how much crap I have gotten over the years because I haven’t bought the newest gadget, phone, car, outfit etc. I am much more grateful for time with my family, unexpected pleasures and spending time playing with my amazing friends. Action: The next time you must have something ask yourself if you really need it. I know shiny iPhones and new cars are fab, but will you go into debt to get them? Debt is no fun and limits what you can do. Focus on all you have and enjoy THAT. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve wanted something and I’ve gotten it for free instead of buying it. Food, Kindles and even cars. Yeah. I want this for you too.
4. Being jealous. Being jealous is simply wanting what someone else has. Action: Stop being jealous and take action on achieving your goals for life, love and career. Say to yourself…wow. I love how my friend Shelly is always doing something fun! I’m going to ask her if I can come on her outings and also start looking for my own fun adventures to try.
5. Blaming everyone for your troubles. This is so annoying. It is rare to see someone take responsibility today. They make the decision, something goes wrong and then they blame someone else for the error. This is being a coward. A child. Adults learn how to take the heat and learn from their mistakes. Shit happens and adults understand that things so wrong. By taking responsibility you empower yourself and those who depend on you. Action: Take responsibility for your own life. If you make a mistake, acknowledge it and then fix it. It will do so much for others’ respect for you and your ability to cope with issues! It will put their trust in you and your word. Trust is everything.
All these Sass Zappers keep you from the fun. The possibilities that every day holds. What sounds more fun, planning your next adventure or holding a grudge? 😉 Love, Goddess
- For more ideas read my book: Bitch Lifestyle the Manual is on Amazon.
- Oust the Sass Zappers my Private Coaching Program
- Bitch Lifestyle Home