Awesome cartoon can be found and ordered at: Cartoon Stock
Outsmart back stabbers. How do you deal with them?
Right now I’m dealing with a back stabber. I run an improv group and someone crossed the line with me. I communicated to this person in a bottom line, respectful way. So they tried to circumvent me by talking to other members of the group. When others in the group asked about the situation I said “Why is so and so talking to you about this? They are putting YOU in the middle of my decision. Which isn’t fair to you. They should be talking to me. If you see so and so, tell them to talk to me about it. Let me deal with it.” Now the little back stabber has to go through me to get what they want. This person, on their own, closed the door on opportunity. So let’s discuss effective ways to outsmart back stabbers!
- Don’t trust them. Back stabbers want what they want and that’s it.
- Don’t criticize them. Be nice. I will always be polite to this person. If they freak out on me I’ll be rational and to the point. This is power.
- Don’t marry a back stabber. I get emails all the time from women who want guys who have stabbed them in the back. They don’t trust them, but they still want to be with them. Why would you want to marry someone to whom you can’t trust?
- Don’t believe what they say about others or about a situation. They say and do anything to get what they want.
- Never try to one up them. This will only fuel their desire to hurt you. If they are on your last nerve, kick box it out. Take a long walk. Take a breath and remember: what they want is for you to be upset. If you give them what they want they will only repeat the cycle. Over and over whenever they need their “fix.”
So what do you think? Have any fun and effective tips for dealing with back stabbers? Please share on our Bitch Lifestyle Facebook.
- Who Controls You: You’re Bitch or Your Brat?
- The Faux Girlfriend
- Signs You’re a Sassy Bitch
- Bitch Lifestyle Home
© S Stevens Life Strategies