Warning: DOMDocument::loadXML(): Opening and ending tag mismatch: hr line 5 and body in Entity, line: 6 in /home/customer/www/bitchlifestyle.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-amazon-associate/APaPi/AmazonProduct/Result.php on line 149
Warning: DOMDocument::loadXML(): Opening and ending tag mismatch: body line 3 and html in Entity, line: 7 in /home/customer/www/bitchlifestyle.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-amazon-associate/APaPi/AmazonProduct/Result.php on line 149
Warning: DOMDocument::loadXML(): Premature end of data in tag html line 1 in Entity, line: 8 in /home/customer/www/bitchlifestyle.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-amazon-associate/APaPi/AmazonProduct/Result.php on line 149
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/customer/www/bitchlifestyle.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-amazon-associate/APaPi/AmazonProduct/Result.php on line 160
I have him right where I want him and I don’t even have to bat my eyes!
“What a woman!” Rhett Butler says admirably.
One of my favorite inspirational stories is about the bitchiest of all Bitches-Scarlett O’Hara. Scarlett is spoiled, willful, selfish, catty and outrageous. Don’t try to take what Scarlett has. Just ask the Northern soldier who tried to rob her. Oh wait, you can’t because Scarlett killed him. Scarlett O’Hara is feminine on crack. She has no shame and doesn’t care what you say or think about her. She is a brazen vixen in soft organza ruffles, calling you on your crap in a second. She will not apologize unless it furthers her agenda. I love how she turns men into putty:
- Just for fun-in one conversation-Scarlett gets her sisters’ fiancée to dump her sister and engaged to HER!
- Frank has been working hard to become successful and worthy of marriage to Scarlett’s’ other sister. In one conversation Scarlett gets him to marry her instead.
- Even Ashley, despite being a devoted husband and father, breaks down and kisses her passionately.
- Rhett Butler-a man’s man if there ever was one, adores her in all her feminine bitchy glory. Her fire and passion amuse and fascinate him.
On one hand, Scarlett is a role model for women. On the other hand? She is a Drama Queen in full glory. I would never use the phony tears. I would never hurt other women the way she does. So what inspired me about Scarlett despite the drama? Scarlett never gave up and how that benefited everyone around her. When I find myself needing some inspiration, motivation or a good old-fashioned kick in the butt, I ask myself this: What would Scarlett do? She’d flirt and seduce until she got it. Starving and no money for a presentable outfit? She finds a solution. Old curtains were turned into a fetching ensemble for her prey, Rhett. (See above) Other tasks she handled deftly:
- Helping Melanie give birth just as the North was attacking where she happened to be: Atlanta.
- After escaping Atlanta she arrived home to find Tara ruined. Her Mom dead and her Dad insane after all the loss the family suffered. She realizes it’s up to her to see to it that Tara is restored so the family survives and thrives.
- Starvation and high taxes she can’t pay imposed by Northern carpetbaggers are handled by our Miss Scarlett.
Throughout the chaos in Gone With the Wind, Scarlett is the one who stays sane, focused and the protector of the family and Tara. Her marriages were all about that. She had no time for love. She was honest with Rhett when she told him she was marrying him for his money. She couldn’t love anyone (not even Ashley) until she succeeded in restoring Tara. When she realized she loved Rhett, he was on his way out the door. He tells her he “doesn’t give a damn,” and leaves her begging for him to stay. The movie ends with Scarlett saying she is going to get him back. Is there one doubt she did? To me there is zero. She realizes she loves him but first must take care of new drama…picking up the pieces after Melanie’s death. Loving people do that. Take care of things and people. While she tends to Melanie and her family, Rhett can cool off and get his rest. Because soon the Scarlett who knows what she wants…Rhett Butler…is coming for him.
We all have an inner Scarlett O’Hara. Discover yours and rent the movie Gone With the Wind when you’re looking for inspirational stories to kick you in the sass! Love, Goddess
- Anger-What is It?
- Join our sassy group on Facebook: Bitch Lifestyle
- What You Can Do to Land a Man! Gimme a Break…
I dedicate this post to my best friend Mary Ann, who has all the best qualities of Scarlett while expertly keeping her Drama Queen in check.
© S Stevens Life Strategies