Warning: DOMDocument::loadXML(): Space required after the Public Identifier in Entity, line: 1 in /home/customer/www/bitchlifestyle.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-amazon-associate/APaPi/AmazonProduct/Result.php on line 149
Warning: DOMDocument::loadXML(): SystemLiteral " or ' expected in Entity, line: 1 in /home/customer/www/bitchlifestyle.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-amazon-associate/APaPi/AmazonProduct/Result.php on line 149
Warning: DOMDocument::loadXML(): SYSTEM or PUBLIC, the URI is missing in Entity, line: 1 in /home/customer/www/bitchlifestyle.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-amazon-associate/APaPi/AmazonProduct/Result.php on line 149
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/customer/www/bitchlifestyle.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-amazon-associate/APaPi/AmazonProduct/Result.php on line 160
Glowing picture of Josephine Baker from The Fabulous Birthday Blog: http://thefabulousbirthdayblog.blogspot.com/2011/06/june-3happy-birthday-miss-josephine.html
“A violinist had a violin, a painter his palette. All I had was myself. I was the instrument that I must care for.” Josephine Baker
Josephine Baker knew how to accentuate her exotic-ness. She developed herself into “unforgettable.” She did this by loving what she had, a killer sense of humor and found what was special about her and developed it:
“Beautiful? It’s all a question of luck. I was born with good legs. As for the rest…beautiful, no. Amusing, yes.”
What can we learn from the fabulous Ms. Baker? How to make the most of what we have and REVEL in it. How to make an undeniable impression. Here are some of the methods she may have employed:
- What is your favorite body part? Own it like Josephine owned and danced her way through Paris on her glorious legs.
- Develop a killer sense of humor about yourself. Or a charming self-deprecating humor. Find a healthy sense of humor about you and life. It’ll help keep you sane when you hit the crazy train!
- Develop that talent that people love and compliment you on. Or find your talent/passion and relish it. Think Nigella Lawson’s love of food and the soft, seductive manner she uses to seduce you into trying her delicious recipes.
- The next time you go to a party, restaurant, etc. Plan your entrance. The outfit, the make up. Relish making that entrance.
- Charisma and je ne sais quoi comes from something deep within. Something that is “off the norm.” Something that people don’t usually see. What is it about you that is deliciously different? Work it, honey! 😉
- Think of stars and their outrageous wardrobes. Dolly Parton, Cher, Elle Woods’ penchant for anything pink, Gwen Stefani’s platinum blond hair and red lipstick. Notice how Jennifer Lopez embraces her va va voom. Find whatever your beauty trade mark/love is and work it. Play with it. I have huge eyes. That’s how I’ve started developing my Kim Kardashian eye look: http://bitchlifestyle.com/2011/03/playing-with-a-new-look-kim-kardashian/
- Embrace your imperfections. Sass it up by flaunting them. Decorate birthmarks with sparkle dust, out of control hair with accessories, work that curvy body by studying how celebrities like Salma Hayek, Marilyn Monroe, Beyonce, Kate Winslet, Scarlett Johansson adorn and love theirs.
Josephine looks so gorgeous in this picture because she did the work: She was her own Cinderella story by developing herself, her beauty and her passions into the life she desired. That’s how she got her nick name “A Parisian Sensation.” Why not try adding a little Parisian Sensation in your life? How would you do that? Explore and play, beautiful! Love, Goddess
Now on Amazon: More men, more amazing women, more fun: Bitch Lifestyle the Manual
© S Stevens Life Strategies