Gorgeous image of Marilyn Monroe and quote from Guilty or Not
Does this quote anger you? If so, you under-estimate your power as a woman. This can be fixed when you love every drop of gorgeous you. Women have the upper hand with men. It’s time to own it. We are their weakness. They just don’t want us to know that. (Sassy Smile) For more inspiration:
“As a matter of fact, women have an advantage in business. Men are so secure in their belief that they are supreme in business that they are often caught napping by alert women. Man thinks he’s dealing with an inferior brain when it comes to woman, and that makes him a sucker. Furthermore, women have a highly developed sense of intuition that’s just as valuable as hardheaded logic.” Carole Lombard
A couple of notes about the above quote. Things are much different today than in Caroles’ time. I think most men respect women in business now. If men don’t respect women in business it can be worked against them — if a woman gets the male ego. (sly smile) If not…why would you want to work with the arrogant you know what?
“You’ll find that men usually play fair. It’s all very well to say that you want to back out of a bargain because you’ve changed your mind. That’s supposed to be a woman’s privilege. But men don’t play the game that way. A man who says he’ll do a thing and then reneges, is soon put where he belongs, out in the cold. ” Carole Lombard
“If I say I’ll do something, I make it stick.” Carole Lombard
Your word is everything! Carole prided herself on her word. Don’t promise something and then don’t produce. It will make people wonder if you’re dependable or not. This sort of lackadaisical attitude is rampant in our lives today. Examples:
- The friend that says that they are coming to your party and then cancels at the last-minute. Because they got a more attractive offer, perhaps? This is not cool in most circumstances.
- People who don’t confirm reservations at restaurants or events. This not only affects potential profits at a restaurant but keeps other people from enjoying the table or event!
- You invite people to do something and they never follow-up. These are the people who usually get mad when you stop inviting them to things.
- Following up is one of the worst sins in manners today. If someone is kind enough to invite you to something, be kind enough to respond. Unless it’s your 100th Facebook invite from someone you barely know.
- Someone says they will be there and then completely blows you off.
- You invite people to an event on Facebook and they reply back with a “Maybe.” This is blowing you off. Everyone knows it so just say “no.” Really lame. Just be honest.
- Little white lies…mulitplied over the days, weeks, months, lead to laziness in the being honest department. It becomes easier to lie than to tell the truth. Think about that one.
And those are just a few of the ways people don’t respect others and how important their word is today.
“Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option.” Mark Twain
The less crap we tolerate from people, the more empowered we will all be. The “Crap Dragons” will have to play by our rules. Or hang out with other Crap Dragons. Or get off the Crap Wagon. I know…bad metaphor. I’m in kind of a feisty mood today. Can you tell? Love, Goddess
© S Stevens Life Strategies