Turn “Worry” into Fun
What? Are you crazy Goddess? That’s right. Today the assignment is not an easy one. But it will become easier over time. Learning to “Party” with our “Worries.” First off I want to thank a wonderful man for this idea. One of my favorite all time quotes is from a football player named Rodney Harrison. Here it is:
“I love it when people doubt me.”
Mr. Harrison said it so perfectly. Instead of focusing on all the doubters doubting him, all the bad press, all the “cant’s” “no ways” and “forget its,” he focuses on the outcome…what will make him happy.
We all have people telling us what we can and can’t do. And if people aren’t telling us what we can and can’t do, they are probably telling us the right and or wrong ways we’re doing things. Which leaves us with a whole lot of doubt sometimes. But where does worry and doubt really get us? It gets us sleepless nights second guessing ourselves. We want to be successful but we are bombarded with so much information on how to do it. Right, wrong, blah, blah. So it’s time to step off the procrastination and worry train and fully believe that whatever your gut is telling you is the right thing. If you make a mistake? Cool. You learn. It’s not the end of the world. Pat yourself on the back because you are going for what you want…YAY you!
It’s so easy for us to fall into the “I have so much work to do and I don’t know how I’m going to do it scenario. I did it for a MONTH when I didn’t write for this blog. I was Excuse Goddess and here are a few of them: I have to build this web site; I have to figure out how to do this than and the other thing. I am not a techie. I’m on vacation (okay we’ll let that be a good reason…not an excuse) I have A, B, and C I’m in the middle of and I don’t have time. Guess what. All the worrying, fretting and bitching takes up TIME you could be focusing on all your beautiful progress. So what if you didn’t get all you wanted done in one day. As long as you do your best and focus on the positive side of it all…your success…so what? In fact we are really going to celebrate worry and doubt right now.
Throw a “Worry Party.” Seriously. Get your friends together and celebrate it.
1. Send invitations out that embody “worry.” Black, brown, ugly…just blah!
2. Name the food in celebration: “Procrastination Pate,” “Cheese Wheel of Worry.”
3. Serve really dark beverages.
4. Under dress code put “unattractive:” like your most unflattering and frumpy outfit.
5. Play pitiful music.
6. Have a “worry circle” where everyone gets to vent their worries. Discuss and lament your worries. Toast them.
7. Switch it. Take out your most empowering, fun, uplifting music and dance your booties off! Celebrate taking time to get all the worry out. Celebrate how clever you are for turning something not fun…into a party!
I can’t wait to hear how it goes! Love, Goddess
© S Stevens Life Strategies